Friday, July 31, 2009

I Believe In Love

From 6/22/2007

I Believe In Love

I made a promise to myself;
Locked it away deep down inside.
Told my heart we'd wait it out;
Swore we'd never compromise.
Oh I'd rather be alone,
Like I am tonight.
Than settle for the kind of love
That fades before the morning light.
Silence stared me in the face
And I finally heard its voice.
It seemed to softly say
That in love you have a choice.
Today I got the answer
And there's a world of truth behind it.
Love is out there waiting somewhere;
You just have to go and find it.
I believe in love.
I believe in love.
A love that's real, love that's strong,
Love that lives on and on.
Yes, I believe in love.
by the Dixie Chicks
"Home" album

I purchased this Dixie Chicks CD today while browsing around at Wal-Mart. Some of the tracks I am very familiar with, since I am a fan of their music. But this one I hadn't ever heard. I loved the words, especially since it's a new mantra of mine to not be foolish about who I haphazardly fall in "love" (lust) with, but instead be patient and not settle. Great mushy love song!

No comments:

Post a Comment