From 6/12/2007
I spent some quality time with my new Live Your Best Life book from Oprah Magazine last night. This time I picked an article titled "Spiritual Energy". The opening eye-catching phrase, which by the way worked, stated: "Have you ever been in the presence of something so lively, engaged, selfless, and utterly radiant, it's left you speechless?" The reason this one phrase caught my attention is that I love meeting someone who has such an effect on me. I love when I feel their soul speak to me, not just their voice and body.
This was pretty deep and heavy stuff for me at bedtime. I actually had to re-read certain paragraphs to ensure I was truly obtaining the meaning intended. But I do love the deep stuff... so once I started to really grasp the meaning of this entire article I was engrossed.
The author outlined four characteristics that are common to people with this spiritual energy:
#1-they have a palpable goodness that goes far beyond a "warm and fuzzy aura" and seems to arise from genuine integrity.
#2- they give an impression of selflessness-- a lack of concern with status, fame, and ego.
#3- their expansive, compassionate energy nurtures others.
#4- they have an amazing power of attentiveness. When in their presence you experience a feeling of being wholly acknowledged and embraced with open eyes.
What wonderful qualities to have! I'd like to say that I want to strive to be this kind of person. But I'm so far from it... it would take a lot of time and work. Yet that's not any reason to not try!
The article goes on further to explain that to obtain these qualities one must seek to be a better person by not focusing on yourself, but on others. And not dwell on the things in life that you don't have, but be grateful for the things that you are blessed with. And in return, you develop an energy within and about you that is capable of such a better connection with those in your presence.
If I could get anywhere near those traits, I would be amazed and grateful. It would be such a positive, life changing thing! Another goal too, would be to meet someone who has embraced all of these qualities and make them my next new hero!
No comments:
Post a Comment