Saturday, August 15, 2009

A Surprise Christmas Gift

From 12/26/2007
I can't believe that Christmas is already over! I say that every year on December 26th, I know. With all of the activity and rush that occurs beforehand, time just always flies by. But there was something a bit different about this year's Christmas... a wonderfully pleasant surprise really. I made it through without having those depressing thoughts of how alone I am and how I have to celebrate solo even when surrounded by family and friends.

I seem to have had an increase of questions regarding my social and love life lately, almost as if it's a sign. For example my sister-in-law asked yesterday if I "had any prospects on the horizon". LOL What kind of question is that?! But I very slyly answered, "maybe" and because of all the conversation going on around us at the time, she was interrupted and unable to quiz me any further.

But there really IS something behind that "maybe", for I have been building on a relationship, ever so quietly. Over the past few weeks, it has really started to progress, sometimes a bit too fast, and sometimes it doesn't feel fast enough. Regardless, I'm enjoying every minute of it and it has made for a great Christmas gift! And if he's reading this blog, as sometimes he does, I just wanted to say thanks for giving me a Christmas where I finally didn't feel like I was celebrating alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment