Saturday, July 25, 2009

BACK TO THE GRIND...

FROM TUESDAY, JULY 11, 2006
Well, it was back to work today. It always takes me a while to get my brain functioning back into that work mode. But today was fairly easy, so it was nice. I work at a non-profit preschool program (Head Start) and have been with this organization for quite a few years. This morning we had a track and field day with the two centers still open during the summer. I was put in charge of the 50 yard dash -- whoo hoo! Who knows if it was really 50 yards. I know the 4 and 5 years olds didn't know the difference. But they sure like to run and compete with each other. I was just glad to get a piece of shade. DANG it was hot today!!


Speaking of work, just a few days ago, I had this strange dream that I got fired! It was so weird: I received a letter in the mail that didn't include any details... just that I no longer had a job. So I went storming into my supervisor's office to find out why. She said it was because I wasn't teaching the Seven Habits for Highly Effective People to the staff who attend my CDA classes (I'm responsible for training teaching staff including those working on their CDA credentials). I responded that I didn't know that I was supposed to be teaching that and why hadn't they discussed it with me before just firing me. She then said that she and the Director had previously given me a warning for not doing so. I argued that she hadn't and that it wasn't true. And I asked her how she could fire me when I was such a good employee?! (Nice to know that my subconscious is confident of my skills and abilities enough for it to come out in a dream.) In my dream, I eventually filed a grievance against the Director and my supervisor and the Board made them give me my job back. The sad thing is, is that this type of poor human resources management occurs at our organization quite regularly. So I must have been working out some issues that I have with past events. Today, when I saw the Director, I was angry with her... I soon realized it was left over feelings from my dream. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment