FROM SEPTEMBER 2006
Sigh... it's Sunday evening and I am dreading the idea of starting another work week. Actually I should say I'm dreading this particular week. It will most likely go quickly, which is good, but it will also be busy. Tomorrow starts our new year-- for the most part. All those employees who were laid off for the summer come back and we have a week of training. Then there is a weekof prep. And then finally the children come back for the school year.
Since I am in charge of training and mentoring the classroom staff, I have quite a bit of training to do this week. But I am grateful that it falls during the last half of the week (gives me a bit more time to prep). Usually I enjoy training, but this year there seems to be a dark cloud over the whole new year starting. I think it's because my best friend will no longer be working with us, and it's just kind of hard to face tomorrow knowing that she's no longer employed. I know I've talked about it a lot already on my blogs, so I won't say too much more. But I'm really going to miss having her there!!
Anyway, I'm feeling a little bit better as far as my cold is concerned. I'm not nearly as tired today. Whew! Saturday, I was pretty wiped out!! Now I just need to get past all the head/nasal congestion. This is when I'm very grateful for cold medicine -- even if it does make me a bit loopy, tired, and have dry mouth. I'm sounding like one of those commercials advertising some new drug. They make it sound all wonderful, and then they quickly state a long list of side effects that could possibly kill you.
Alrighty, I think I'm gonna log off and go watch some Charmed reruns. I've seen them all several times, but I still enjoy watching them.
No comments:
Post a Comment