Saturday, July 25, 2009

CHRISTMAS VACATION

FROM DECEMBER 2006
One of my favorite things about working in a school setting is that I get all the basic school vacations off of work. For the past week or so I have been on what my employment calls "winter break" (in an attempt to make it sound politically correct). To me, it's just a good ol' Christmas Vacation. And boy has it gone by quickly!!

My original plans for part of my vacation time went down hill the first day I was off of work. I was scheduled to fly out of our closest airport and go to Denver to visit my brother and his family for Christmas. But due to all that snow in Denver, my flight as well as many, many others were cancelled. It was amazing to watch the news and see all of the people stuck in the Denver airport, unable to fly out. I was actually a bit grateful I wasn't able to go -- mostly because I was still at home and not stuck out there somewhere. But I had also been battling a cold and right around the same day I was scheduled to fly, my cold turned into bronchitis. Man, I was down for about 4 days with a fever, chills, aches, and a terrible cough. (Still have the cough and probably will for a while.) Not the most enjoyable way to spend a vacation. Although, I can't say that I didn't mind the excuse to just lay around for a few days.

I had an enjoyable Christmas regardless. I'm not so sure that my family that I spent the day with appreciated me being sick around them, so I tried to not get too close. That's pretty hard when there's a cute little great nephew toddling around.

I've also been able to do a little bit of the traditional Christmas baking -- too bad I wasn't able to actually do it before Christmas! Oh well, no one would have wanted germy cookies anyway. I enjoy the actual baking part the most. Although the eating part can be good too.

And now here we face a New Year. Sigh... that's a whole other entry to save for later. But along with that new year, I have to go back to work. Yuck!! I really could get used to being unemployed. But that's a bit impossible since I need money to survive. Hmmm... maybe 2007 will bring me some luck and I'll win the lottery (I would have to actually buy a ticket for the luck to work). Or maybe I'll find a "sugar daddy"!

Anywhoo... Happy New Year to everyone! I'll talk about some of my resolutions soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment