Friday, July 31, 2009

Time to Set Some Resolutions... Before the New Year is Half Gone!

From January 2007
I stated in my last blog that I would be back soon to set some resolutions. And here it is half-way into January!! But anyway, here goes:

1. The usual - lose weight. lol Who doesn't set this as a resolution! But really, mine is quite simple. I seem to be on a bit of a trend of dropping a pound here or there... so now I want to make it official and shoot for a simple 5 pounds. That's it - that's all. However, the goal also has a catch. I also need to maintain that 5 pound loss. I notice that I seem to get stuck on this one particular weight (which I will not reveal to the entire cyber world), and when I lose anything, I tend to gain right back to that set weight. So, I want to lose 5 pounds, and make that my new set weight that my body tends to gravitate to. Wish me luck!

2. Um - something to do with my finances. So exact and precise, I know. But man, it sure seems like I have a lot of debt lately. A lot of it pretty legit, like hospital bills (from my surgery), a substantial house payment, school loan, etc. etc. So, my goal at this time is to really get some of those smaller ones paid off, so that I have a little bit of cash left to spend on myself.

3. Reconnect with some of my friends that I've noticed I've become distant with. Of course, I have one in particular in mind. I just don't know what to do about her! Her depression has spread to me I think -- I don't even know how to approach her anymore. It has brought such a sadness to my heart to think I've lost such a good friend. And yet I get quite angry too, because she won't take anyone's calls (not just mine) -- she won't return calls or attempt to contact any of her "old" friends. Yet, I kind of hesitate about just showing up at her house unannounced. I think I'm afraid of what I might find. Her whole household is just not in a "healthy" state. So this goal is a bit vague... mostly it's just about me needing to take action... of some sort. Sigh.

4. It is time to do some dating again. It's kind of been a while. I took a purposeful break from it all, because clearly my dating preferences had become a bit skewed. I needed to step back and reevaluate what I was really wanting and looking for. But now that I've done that, I notice I've become stuck in a very old, but familiar rut of not doing much socializing AT ALL. I seem to have this pattern of either over-doing it or not doing it at all. It's either feast or famine. (And when it's a feast - I make dumb decisions.) But really, I just miss having a bit of male influence... and attention in my life.

Alrighty, I believe 4 goals are good enough. I know that I really didn't write down specifics of how I plan to reach them. I'm not sure I even know yet. Needs more pondering. At least I've formulated what I even want to accomplish in the year, which is always a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment