Friday, July 31, 2009

It's Valentine's Tomorrow... Sigh

From February 2007
It's Valentine's day tomorrow ... what to do? what to do? My answer to that is IGNORE IT!
I read the blog written by the 360 team and it sparked a few thoughts of my own on the big LOVE day.

I don't think I've ever actually been in a relationship when Valentine's day rolled around , or if I was, it was a fairly new relationship that didn't merit any special attention brought on by the day. But even though I don't have many memories associated with Valentine's (beyond the childhood ones of riding the school bus home with a hand made paper packet filled with schoolmate's valentine wishes and a belly ache from all the cookies and candy), I do regard the day as any hopeful (or probably more like hopeless) romantic would. I love the color red, I love hearts , I love "LOVE", I love sappy songs and chick flick romantic comedies, I love greeting cards and flowers and chocolate, and I love any kind of romantic mushy sentiment.

But since I don't plan on any of these coming my way tomorrow from some hunky guy, I plan to just go into denial and pretend none of it exists. It will probably work clear up until the moment that some office co-worker gets a huge bouquet of roses. So the back up plan is to then become the stereotypical bitter single woman.

Ok, so to lighten it up just a bit so that no one reading this thinks I really am a bitter old single woman, I am happy for everyone who has someone to celebrate with. And really, it is a great day for me to also tell everyone I love (even if not romantically) that they are important to me.
Then I can go into DENIAL for the rest of the day.... LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment