FROM NOVEMBER 2006
Wow, I hadn't realized how long it had been since I wrote an entry in my blog. Guess it goes to show where I'm spending my time... or at least where I'm not spending my time and that is on my computer. I usually like to get online, check email and check out a singles site that I have a profile onto see who's new there and who's checked me out ;). And then I flit around a bit to different sites, including those that I pay my bills on or my checking. And once in a while I find someone interesting or an old friend to chat with. But lately, I'm lucky if I get to check my mail. I think it's just par for the season.
Speaking of the upcoming season, I've already started my Christmas shopping, which is particularly amazing for me, since I don't usually do so until after Thanksgiving. And to make it even better, while out of town this weekend for work, I actually made quite some progress on it. I only have a couple of people to buy for now! I'm in shock and quite pleased with myself. Some of this may have to do with the fact that I'm really cutting back this year. Money is tight with my new house payment and with all the hospital bills rolling in. So, I am trying to be creative and lower key this year. It's hard, since in the past I've been used to spending a bit more. Sorry friends and family... it just ain't happenin' this year! To quote my niece: "It's not the gifts we receive, but the time we get to spend with family that matters." I'll add friends to that too... since I love my friends as much as my family.
Thanksgiving is this upcoming week... wow the month has gone by quickly. I really do enjoy Thanksgiving. Many times, I enjoy it so much more than Christmas. There's not so much stress involved. Just a nice dinner to pull loved ones together. Of course I may be a bit spoiled since I don't ever host the event, but crash my brother's festivities. I do contribute a couple of items to the meal, but they do a great job of preparing all the rest.
Well I suppose this is enough rambling for now. I need to post my last scrapbook/journal page that I created for October's group meeting. I will do that soon ............... hopefully. lol I haven't even started my assigned page for November. sigh.
Be Back Soon
No comments:
Post a Comment