Saturday, July 25, 2009

MY RECOVERY

FROM OCTOBER 31, 2006
It's been over a week and a half since my surgery (on the 19th) and all seems to be going pretty well. I actually have a check-up/follow-up appointment today with the doctor. I was joking earlier today with co-workers about how I am taking half a day off to travel an hour each way to see the doctor, who will probably look at my scars for a few seconds, ask a couple of questions and then tell me everything is ok. Duh... I think I know that already. But hey, I guess it's nice to have the afternoon off.

My recovery didn't go as quickly as some stories I heard others tell. I think those people who went back to work the day after their surgery were crazy and full of it! But overall, it has been a pretty quick-healing process. I still have soreness especially if I twist or bend the wrong way, I hate wearing a bra because it irritates one of my incisions (I came to work 2 days last week without one!), and sneezing just about kills me. But otherwise, I'm up and on the move as if nothing had happened. Which is good because my life has just become extrememly busy and I don't think I can milk the "poor me, I just had surgery" stories too much longer.

BTW -- Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment