FROM SEPTEMBER 2006
I have the day off from work today! Whoo Hoo!! Where I work we can't claim overtime, but some of us can claim flex or comp time which sometimes is even better than some extra cash (although I'd love to have some extra cash right about now). And since I have something like 22 hours of flex time accumulated, I decided to just take the day off. For me, it's a day off from my work tasks; a day off from teachers and center supervisors calling me needing supplies and help as they prep for the first week of school next week; a day off from feeling frustrated with upper management not doing their job (ok that was a bit cynical); a day off from having to get up early and immediately take a shower and get ready (I love to sit around in my pj's for half the morning); and a day off from having to feel responsible (well, I doubt that I can actually do that since I do still have to be responsible for what I do no matter where I am -- I just never seem to be able to get away from that, dangit).
Anyway, it's kind of like a Saturday for me. I've already started the laundry. I need to go work on the dishes. I also want to cover the cooler with a plastic cover I bought, since some of this cool fall wind is starting to blow through the cooler vent into the house. I should dye my hair -- that used to be fun, now it's a chore (stupid grey hair). I should start preparing for the class of children I teach at church, but I think I'll procrastinate that till tomorrow. Oh, and I need to really find a spa/hot tub place that can come and service my hot tub. I'm ready to start using that thing -- it's perfect weather for it now! And for fun, I think I'll play the SIMS2 (computer game) a bit today. It's a great way to just mentally "get away." Looks like I've packed the day. Better get started!
No comments:
Post a Comment