FROM OCTOBER 2006
Well, I've had another round of health problems. At first I didn't think much of it. Sunday night, in the middle of the night I had some upper back pain. I figured I just needed to pop it, so I got up out of bed and tried to do so. After a while of that not working, the pain started to get worse. It really wasn't a sharp pain, but more like a deep aching pain. No matter what I did, I couldn't get comfortable or get it to subside. As the hours of the night continued and as I paced, layed on the floor, sat in different chairs, and got in and out of bed it just got worse and I began to feel nauseated. I figured I was sick to my stomach due to the pain, since that happens to me with migraines/bad headaches. I tried taking some Ibuprofen which didn't work. Then I took some Vicotin that I had left over -- which I promptly threw up. Finally I tried some more Ibuprofen which worked and I fell asleep exhausted.
The next morning, after about 4 hours of sleep (which is not even close in being enough sleep for me) I got up and got ready to go to work. I was tired, but figured it was because of the lack of sleep. The pain was gone, but I really had a flu-like feeling. No energy and achy. I only made it through about 3 hours of work before returning back home. But while at work, some of my co-workers said that my symptoms sounded more like my gallbladder than they did my back. So I decided I better make an appointment to see the doctor.
I went to the doctor the next day and we discussed the various symptoms. I explained that really overall I haven't been feeling all that healthy lately. I even had been experiencing some increased issues with my hormones (which has been an ongoing problem for a few years) including mood swings, plus having recently had a cold and some allergy and sinus problems. She took some blood to check for any bacteria that might be in my digestive system. She also gave me a new/different prescription for my birth control/hormones with a different level of Estrogen. Then scheduled me for an ultrasound for my gallbladder, which I had done this morning.
Today I feel much better but still not completely well. By tomorrow I should know the results of my ultrasound. Yesterday, I received the results of the blood test, which was negative for any bacteria, ulcers, etc. I really don't think it's my gallbladder, but I don't know what it is. At the doctor's office the other day, when she took my blood pressure, it was low -- 92/60. I was feeling dehydrated then too, so who knows if that had anything to do with it. Anyway, maybe it's just as simple as a flu bug or maybe it's related to some issues I've been having with my hormones. I believe that we don't always give enough credit to hormones and how they effect our bodies.
No comments:
Post a Comment