FROM OCTOBER 2006
It's official - I have a gallstone. After having an ultrasound done, it was confirmed. Although I'm a bit frustrated with my current Family Nurse Practitioner for not really giving me any details as to how bad it is. She just referred me to a surgeon without any further info. And since I don't want to go to who they referred me to - I cancelled that appointment and made one with someone I feel more safe with.
But in the meantime, since I'm tired of feeling yucky, and I want to ensure that I get to go on my work trip to Seattle next week, I have taken things into my own hands. (Which is what I should have done a long time ago to avoid this problem in the first place.) I read up on what causes gallstones and found a book I have on natural remedies and learned that if I stick to the ever healthy raw fruits and veggies, whole grains like bran, non-fat dairy, and water that I will feel much better. And it's sooo true. Well duh, this is basic nutritional knowledge, but it takes me getting sick to finally follow through. I can't say that I don't miss all those fat and cholesterol laden foods (cravings are a bit high right now) but they send my gallbladder into shock, not to mention the pain.
I will most likely end up having surgery to remove my gallbladder - unfortunately. I just have a hard time believing that I don't actually need that organ. But many people I know have had their's removed. But until then, and hopefully even after, it's healthy non-fat foods for me! Hey, at least I'm losing weight with it too - 3 pounds this week!
No comments:
Post a Comment