I'm off to Seattle for a couple of days! Seattle is one of my favorite cities to visit. I love the food, the weather, the atmosphere, and most of all I LOVE Pike's Market! I'm headed there for work with a co-worker, but I've made sure to schedule some site-seeing into our spare time. I'm also excited to be getting out of town as well.

I do love to travel, especially on work's dollar. I've been lucky over the years to travel to some pretty cool places for work... Washington DC, Chicago, Las Vegas, New Orleans, Seattle (a few times) and of course all over Oregon for various trainings, seminars, conferences, mtgs, etc. The conference I'm going to this time is on those living in poverty and is based on a book "Bridges to Poverty" that I have found very interesting. The author of the book is presenting the training and I'm kind of excited to hear what he has to say. I've been working with the low-income for many years now and hope that this will improve my skills, knowledge, and awareness.
No comments:
Post a Comment