I have recently joined a new type of scrapbooking group. Really, it's more about journaling and scrapbooking ideas and thoughts than it is about scrapbooking photos. Each month, I will create a new page. And then, I will meet with this group (made up of about 12 other women-whom I really don't know too well) once a month to share my page. Each month the page has a new topic. So, we will each have a turn to choose the topic for the next month's page.
The entire journal or scrapbook also has a theme that each month's page needs to fit in. Although it's pretty general. I'm not sure I'm completely into the book's theme yet, but I'm sure I'll get there as time goes on. The theme, as I understand it at this point is, "I Dare You to...." and each month the rest of the sentence will be filled in and a page made on that. So this first one (which I have finished and posted a picture of) was "I dare you to list your top ten" on any subject. Kind of like David Letterman's top ten lists. I actually didn't think it was all that "daring", but the page was fun to create anyway. I chose to list my top ten ways to "Beat the Heat" (it's kind of hard to read the title in the photo) since that seems to be on my mind a lot lately.
10. Take a drive in my air-conditioned car
9. Eat some cold, juicy, watermelon
8. Go camping in the mountains
7. Eat ice cream everyday
6. Go swimming in a lake
5. Go shopping in an air-conditioned mall
4. Lay naked in front of the cooler
3. Drink a half-frozen, slushy, Dr. Pepper
2. Take a trip to the Oregon Coast
and my number one way to beat the heat....
1. Hire scantily clad men to fan me with palm fronds. (I may actually increase the heat this way, but it would be way worth it!)
We meet for the first time tomorrow night. Everyone (I assume) will share their pages and then someone will get to choose what we'll work on for next month. It will last a whole year... and I do think it will be fun. Plus it will get me back into the regular mode of scrapbooking. Heaven knows I have plenty of supplies!
No comments:
Post a Comment