Saturday, July 25, 2009

SHY? ... ME? ... WHY CERTAINLY...

FROM MONDAY, JULY 21, 2006
I attended the first night of our journaling group... just got home in fact. It's in moments like these that I realize how shy I can get when faced with a group of people that I don't know. Out of the eight present, I knew two relatively well. Anyway, as I sat there and listened to various different conversations, and as I watched the various new personalities around me, I kept dealing with conflicting feelings. The first one was a feeling of discomfort. I hate the awkwardness of not knowing people and being kind of like an outsider in a group where everyone knows everyone else. The second feeling though was of excitement and enjoyment at getting the chance to meet new people. I know it sounds strange, because they are two totally different feelings going on at once. Some of the second conflicting feeling was about me telling myself that this was good for me and that I need to have some fresh blood/personalities/people in my life. I've been in kind of a rut lately, socially. Plus I'm always stating how I like to meet new people, but I think that is more true when I can meet a new person, one person at a time. It's much harder (and less enjoyable) when faced with a whole group.

Otherwise, I did have a good time. There are some good scrapbookers in this group and I gained some creative ideas. I always like that! Anyway, we will meet again in a month. The new topic hasn't been given to us quite yet. I guess we'll receive it by email.

No comments:

Post a Comment