Saturday, July 25, 2009

THE LOCAL COUNTY FAIR

FROM TUESDAY, AUGUST 1, 2006
It's that time of the summer -- it's time for the county fair. And this year, finally, I entered something in the arts and crafts show. Actually I entered two things! I've had friends prodding me to do so for several years, but I've just been too lazy. I know why now... it's kind of a pain in the butt!

One of the items I entered was a photo from my trip to New Orleans (see photo of Oak Alley Plantation) last summer. But it had to be just the right dimensions... and it had to be mounted onto foam board no thicker than 1/4 inch... etc. So I took it to staples, who actually did a pretty good job of mounting it and laminating it.


The second item I entered was a necklace and earrings that I made. Beading is one of my new hobbies and I think this one was pretty good. Maybe next year I'll actually enter something I've painted or drawn.

Anyway the fair starts tomorrow. And since I don't live too far from the fairgrounds I'll probably walk over every evening just to see who's hanging around and to eat some of the good food that is always there. I'm so glad the weather has cooled down. It will make the evenings perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment