Saturday, July 25, 2009

LONG TIME, NO BLOG

FROM SATURDAY, AUGUST 19, 2006
It's been about a week since I last entered a blog. I guess I've been caught up in the things happening at work and when I come home in the evenings, I'm just not in the mood to be on the computer, nor to think about what to write. I also had to work a couple of late evenings this week and I've been feeling a bit under the weather -- allergies and sinus issues -- blech! But with all these events and things to tie up my time, I really don't have too much to write about. I would think that I would have all kinds of tales to tell.

If anything, the past couple of days have been a bit down. Yesterday, I had to fire someone. I hate doing that. And this poor girl had just begun employment with us two weeks ago. She was young, and had recently finished her degree in early childhood education, yet she just did not do well in the classroom where she was being trained/mentored.

Also, my good friend (the same friend I was referring to in my last entry), who I also work with, handed in her resignation yesterday. Due to her health/medical conditions, she has decided she and the organization would be better off if she left. It was so sad... especially for her. I do worry about her. In some ways I think this is a good idea and then in other ways I think it's bad. Imagine how she feels!

Starting next week, work gets even more crazy. We begin our enrollment fair -- where parents come in and enroll their children for the next school year, which starts towards the end of September. But I am enjoying the thoughts of fall nearing. This week it has felt a bit like fall and I love it. We're supposed to have some high temps again next week. But I can handle it because I know it won't last long.

No comments:

Post a Comment