FROM SUNDAY, AUGUST 20, 2006
I was quite the bum yesterday. Not really feeling well, I didn't plan on going anywhere, and therefore looked as well as felt the part of a bum most of the day. I didn't even jump into the shower until 6:00 in the evening. But just before 1:00 or so, I decided that I did need to do something about my breath and teeth. As I was standing at the bathroom sink, brushing away, the thought popped into my head that a certain friend was going to show up at my house. Of course I dismissed the thought as quickly as it came, since she doesn't live in town, and had been in the area the weekend before, so why would she even be here again this weekend? Besides, why was I thinking such things?! Why would that random of a thought come to my brain? After I finished brushing, I walked to the front door to look outside. (I had been sitting in a back room of the house, on my computer for a while, and just wanted to check to see what it was like outside -- weather, etc.) As I looked out to the front street, low and behold, this friend pulls up and parks in front of my house. Now that was too weird to me! She reminded me that they had their 20 year class reunion this weekend, and wondered if they could come in and freshen up from one activity before heading to a BBQ. I shared my story of my "psychic abilities". (I was all too proud of myself :) -- I mean, I really would love to be psychic!) She stayed about 10 to 15 minutes, and then was off to the next adventure.
I don't really think of this experience as a sort of inspiration since I can't see what purpose there was in knowing ahead of time that my friend was going to drop by. Besides, it really didn't feel that way. It was just weird and quirky. Kind of like how you know the phones going to ring right before it does. Or that you even know who it is that's going to call. I've had that happen many times in my life. Anyway, it was a fun experience and I wouldn't mind more.
No comments:
Post a Comment