From May 2007
Sometimes I really do hate Mondays. I can't believe the weekend is over. I just read my Saturday entry, full of hope of what the weekend could bring and now it's all over. (Gee, even my writing is dreary - lol). I just really don't want to be at work, that's all. If I were at home today, I'd be happy as a clam!
Yesterday ended up being a pretty nice day including the Mother's Day part. I got up the gumption to go visit a friend (whom I've talked about before on this blog). I really felt an inner push that it was time to just go stop by her house -- I haven't seen nor talked to her since February. I took her one of the Lavender plants that I purchased at Home Depot and filled out a friendship card and wished her a happy Mother's Day. I ended up staying and visiting with her for over 3 hours. I don't quite know anymore why we don't do things more often. I realize we are both dealing with issues with each other -- I think I know what mine are, but I'm not sure what hers are. My guess is that her physical condition (being confined to a wheelchair) is the largest issue -- causing me guilt for not being there for her more often and probably causing her a level of depression that makes her isolate herself from others. I miss her dearly though... and I keep telling myself it doesn't have to be that way. I can be near her and have all the fun times that we used to have before the accident. We talked about getting together to scrapbook. I need to make sure I push that and make it happen. I'd like to do something with her at least every other week.
I also spent some time with my mom. One of my brothers invited her out to his house. Two of my nieces cooked their mom and my mom dinner. It was yummy and a nice visit. I also gave her a lavendar plant and a scrapbook page that I made a duplicate of from one of my own pages. It was a dedication to her as one of my favorite people. It made her cry , which means "it hit the spot". I don't spend as much time with my family anymore, unfortunately. Part of my increasing independence from others creeping in as well as my time being so limited anymore.
AND then at the end of the day, I had a nice phone conversation with a friend that lives in Arizona. We've been talking more regularly lately and it's nice to get to know him again.
The day was filled with lots of reconnecting. Great way to spend a Sunday! I just want to have more days like that instead of sitting at my desk pushing paper - lol
No comments:
Post a Comment