Gabby, the younger of my two cats is sick... AGAIN! This is the second time she has ended up with a urinary tract infection. I swear it's because she's so picky about where she drinks her water. It's below her to drink out of a dish. She likes to drink out of the bathroom sink when the water is running. And of course, it can't be running all the time, so I think sometimes she doesn't get enough. About a month ago I purchased one of those drinking fountains for pets, hoping that the running water would attract her. She did drink out of it a little bit, but I had taken it apart to clean it and it took me a few days to get it back together. In the mean time, I put a bowl of water down, and that's when I started to notice that she became kind of lethargic, not drinking anything anymore, and a little bit feverish. It was all the same symptoms as before, only not quite as severe.
Yesterday, I took her to the vet, and $103 later, I left with Gabby and some antibiotics. The only scary thing was that the vet said he noticed some concerning cells in her urine when he tested it. He said it could just be the infection or maybe some kidney stones. But he said it could also be a sign of cancer. But he thought that would be rare since Gabby is only a year old. Hopefully the antibiotics clear everything up and she returns to normal. She's already doing a bit better today. The vet asked me to call him on Saturday to give him an update.
1 Comment: Sorry to hear about your cat, but I have a sadder story than yours. Baxter (the black one) my kitten had been missing for 3 days. Mariah found him yesterday in a storage room we have in the back of the house where the kittens like to sleep. Baxter was no more L She and Joe found a nice spot for him by the pond. (Dee)
Yesterday, I took her to the vet, and $103 later, I left with Gabby and some antibiotics. The only scary thing was that the vet said he noticed some concerning cells in her urine when he tested it. He said it could just be the infection or maybe some kidney stones. But he said it could also be a sign of cancer. But he thought that would be rare since Gabby is only a year old. Hopefully the antibiotics clear everything up and she returns to normal. She's already doing a bit better today. The vet asked me to call him on Saturday to give him an update.
1 Comment: Sorry to hear about your cat, but I have a sadder story than yours. Baxter (the black one) my kitten had been missing for 3 days. Mariah found him yesterday in a storage room we have in the back of the house where the kittens like to sleep. Baxter was no more L She and Joe found a nice spot for him by the pond. (Dee)
No comments:
Post a Comment