Friday, July 31, 2009

Journal/Scrapbooking Group (7) - Dreams

From June 2007
In February, one of my friends in our journaling group assigned the topic of Dreams as that month's page. She really didn't define exactly what that meant, whether it should be about our dreams for life, for the future, etc. Or, if it should be about dreams we have while sleeping. Later she stated that she was focusing more on the latter, but she also knew that some would go in the direction of what they dream for themselves or their children in life. Since I rarely remember my dreams once I wake up, and I felt like in some ways I had already covered what I wanted out of life in other pages, I decided I would go a different route and talk about daydreams.

I struggled a bit with how to create my page and with what to write. Part of it was, I think, that I just wasn't in the mood to scrapbook that month. So, I kept it really simple. I thought about daydreaming as being light and airy, peaceful, and happy, and somewhat youthful. I picked papers and colors that resembled the light airy part. Then I wrote a simple, somewhat humorous poem (mine always are) about the kind of daydreams I have, when I take the time to let them float through my mind.

DAYDREAMS by Buffy


"Lazy afternoons, daydreaming of what life could be... should be... I dream of beach houses and ocean waves; of novels I've written about romantic days. I dream of financial security and yummy cheesecake; of a child of my own to be my namesake. I dream of hairless legs and a year-round tan; of holding hands with a very cute man. I dream of a house with a porch and of having a skinny waist; of really, really low interest rates. These are a few of the things out of many; to hope for, to wish for, to dream of, to believe..."

No comments:

Post a Comment