From June 2007
I'm free from bondage (work) this entire week! Yay!! I always have quite a bit of accumulated vacation time by the time summer hits. And since work slows down just a little bit during the summer months, I usually like the fact that I've saved it all and can take it off in different chunks of time. Some summers I've tacked on a couple of days to each weekend, so that I have 3 or 4 day weekends each week. But this year, I have so much time (some of it was carried over from last year) that I decided I just really needed to take a week here and there. And this is one of them.
Sooo, anyway, here I am, already at Tuesday. I seem to always create a long list of things that I need to get done (like spring cleaning, yard work, etc.) and things I want to do (like visiting some friends, scrapbooking, playing the SIMS on my computer, read a book, etc.) I never do get it all accomplished. In fact, sometimes I feel more busy during weeks like this than I do on regular weeks!
For example, yesterday I spent the morning paying bills and then running a couple of errands. I was trying to get a care package mailed to one of my nephews who is out of the country. Since I was doing it in conjunction with his mother (my sister-in-law), I went to the store that she works at to finish it up and get it ready to mail. Unfortunately, things weren't as ready to go as I had hoped. I had already made plans for the afternoon to visit a friend, so I was on a bit of a time crunch. My sister-in-law doesn't respond well to a "hurry up" mode. She doesn't get grumpy or anything like that. She just continues at her usual casual pace. Therefore, I started to get impatient. Finally, after boxing up what we did have ready and addressing it, I had run out of time, and so I left the box and some cash with her to take to the Post Office to mail. But, when she went, there were complications and they needed my signature since I was the sender, so today I have to go and try again. Sigh...
This really isn't that big of deal since I had originally planned on mailing it myself, except that I don't see it being a fast errand to run. With this particular sister-in-law, tasks to be done usually take a bit longer than they should. This is when I often slip into my independent mode of "just let me do the whole thing by myself, it would be much easier". I'm getting really bad at relying on others!
Anyway, enough rambling for now. I'm off to get some of those tasks done... like doing dishes and mopping the floor. How Fun!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment