Friday, July 31, 2009

Small Town Summer Celebrations

From June 2007
One of my favorite things about summer time is all the varying festivals, carnivals and fairs that the local small towns put on. I live in an area where there are a lot of country towns scattered around the area. Each one seems to have their own festival. For example, yesterday I went to Emmett, Idaho where they were having their annual Cherry Festival. Yesterday was the last day of a week long event. My friend and I go mostly for the food and to walk around and look at the vendor booths. It's just great to be outdoors around a group of people too.

This next week is the Fiddler's Contest in Weiser Idaho. I'm sure we'll drive over at least for one night if not two to walk around and eat some more - lol. At this particular festival, I also greatly enjoy a lot of the musical performances. And I usually run into at least one person I know and haven't seen in a while.

1 Comment: I've never gone to a small town festival, but it sounds fun. Except for all the people. That ALWAYS drives me crazy!!! (Celia)

No comments:

Post a Comment