From 5/19/2007
I changed the title/name of my site last night (Window's Live Spaces). I decided that since I have another blog on my Yahoo 360 page that pretty much logs my daily events and thoughts about them, that I would make this site more about my journey to finding my true self.
I have always been fascinated by human behavior, including my own. And one of the things that I notice quite a bit about myself, is how I tend to change when around different people or in different situations. This is, of course, pretty normal for everyone. For example, when we go to work, we put on our "professional hat". When we are with loved ones, we are hopefully more relaxed and layed back. And for me especially, when I go to church, I'm really reserved and pristeen.
But what I have noticed about myself is that, even from close friend to close friend, I choose to play a different role and therefore act differently. So my big question for myself is: Are all of these roles truly me? Or are some of them an act based on my fear of not wanting particular people to see my weaknesses or the fear of not fitting in? Hmmm... I shall have to ponder on this a while.
No comments:
Post a Comment