Friday, July 31, 2009

Yard Work

From May 2007
Well, another Saturday has come and gone, and very quickly I might add. It was a beautiful day, temps in the 80's , and so it was dedicated to doing some yard work (which I'm not too fond of, I might add ). I had a haircut appointment first thing this morning, but once I returned, I pulled out my new electric trimmers and set out to trim all the bushes that run along the front and one side of my house. It took me about an hour and a half or maybe even two to finish, but they look pretty spiffy now. My arms felt like jello afterwards though. Since I'm fairly short and I wanted to keep the shrubs pretty tall, I had to hold the trimmers up above my head to trim the tops off (I also used a step stool from time to time). I'm sure I'll be sore tomorrow.

After cleaning up all the trimmings, I got the hose out (for the first time this spring) and began to hose down the sidewalk and drive just to get rid of the bits of trimmings still left as well as all the winter dirt. The neighbor girls, who had been out in their swimsuits came and asked me if they could run through my sprinkers (which I hadn't even started, but planned to after I finshed hosing off the drive.) I told them sure and mentioned something about my need to go wash my car. They then offered to wash my car (anything for an opportunity to play in the water) and of course I could not refuse. I figured that even if they didn't do a great job, it would be better than the dust and grime currently on it. So they washed and sprayed each other and when they were finished I put the sprinker on and they ran through it a few times. By then they were bored and wandered off to do other things. And my car really didn't look too bad!

As the day started to wind down, I just couldn't seem to stay inside. I went and grabbed something to eat at Wendy's. But once I finished eating I was back outside. I moved the sprinkler a few times, put some finishing touches on my car (tire cleaner and RainX on my windshield), and then finally, here I sit at my computer. It feels good to work hard, even though I usually dread it in the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment