Saturday, August 15, 2009

Class Reunion - Day 1

From July 2007
My 20 year class reunion has finally arrived, and tonight we had our first gathering. It was so great!! I thought the 10 year one was fun, but I really had a blast tonight. It didn't feel intimidating or scary, but was completely open and light-hearted for me. In fact, (and this WAS true for the 10 year reunion too) I'm amazed at how everyone has matured and are so nice.

What I enjoyed most about tonight though was sitting with two of my past girlfriends on each side of me. One of them was my best friend in junior high and the other (whom I was also good friends with then) became a best friend by the time we were in high school. The three of us reminisced about slumber parties, crushes, etc. And the funny thing is -- we all live relatively close to each other -- like within an hours drive. I'm not sure why we haven't kept in touch, but I do have a bit more of a resolve to do so this time. We all said we would 10 years ago, but didn't do so well. This time I really want to! AND both of these friends look so great! I think we tend to look better at this age ... I know that I do.

Tomorrow we have two other meetings/activities. At noon we are meeting for a picnic on the school grounds (kids and families invited) and then tomorrow evening we'll be having a dinner together. I'm looking forward to it!

1 Comment: How fun Buffy! :o) I have never gone to a reunion. I've never been notified of one. Maybe they forgot me? Glad you had a wonderful time. (Celia)

No comments:

Post a Comment