From 8/5/2007
Last weekend, I attended my 20 year class reunion. I had such a great time and in the process got back in touch with two of my friends from Junior High and High School. So, we decided to not let another 10 years go by before getting together again and planned a girls night out. Last night I traveled to where they live (an hour away) and we went to dinner and then out to some clubs. I had a good time and it felt good to just get out. I have to admit that there were some awkward silent moments--most likely because we don't know each other as well as we used to. But it was still fun.
One of these friends is quite gorgeous. She always has been, but has aged very well. She's happily married, and so wasn't really "shopping" in the meat markets (otherwise known as clubs). But I got to see how crazy some drunk guys can really get when they are smitten by a beautiful woman. I know that sounds like I'm saying that I don't think I'm beautiful, which is not true. I do think I have some appeal and beauty. However, this friend is practically perfect.
ANYWAY, I was reassured last night that my previous belief is correct -- that clubs or bars are not the place to meet guys. Even though I saw some good looking men, most of them were pretty primal and animal like, once drunk.
Our little get-together was a good change for me. Prior to my Reunion, I'd been kind of recluse and it has been nice over the past few weeks to be out in happy, energetic, extroverted environments. I probably really need it, considering that really soon I'll be smack dab in the middle of the busiest time of my work year.
No comments:
Post a Comment