Saturday, August 15, 2009

A Week At The County Fair

From August 2007
With the onset of August comes the annual county fair that is held just down the street from where I live. So, just as I did last year, I purchased a week's pass, and each evening I walked over with one of my friends. I mostly go to see people (that I probably haven't seen since last year at the fair) and then to grab some greasy but yummy fair food. I'm not so sure why it is that food always tastes better when cooked outside, but it really does. And I am a huge fan of scones (or elephant ears), which you can buy there for $2. One usually fills me up and I consider it a pretty affordable, yummy, dinner.

This year, I have to admit that the fair really didn't keep my attention or entertain me as much as last year. Going every night may have just been over-kill, although I did that last year too. Maybe it's because I wasn't as entertained by the same hypnotist and I didn't enter anything to be judged.

Regardless, it was all much better than sitting at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment