From December 2007
I just returned from another work trip to Seattle. We flew in Monday and got home late last night. Thankfully, we were able to avoid all of the flooding brought on by lots of rain in the area by flying. If we had driven, we would have either been unable to get through, or had to have taken a huge detour. One of the major freeways entering the Seattle area was completely flooded and still wasn't open when we left yesterday.
I traveled with 4 colleagues for a Head Start conference entitled I Am Moving, I Am Learning, which was focused on the epidemic of obesity that is plaguing our country, and starting at very young ages these days. And so, since I work for a preschool program for 3-5 year olds, I was able to get some really good ideas and techniques to bring back and teach my teachers about. But even better yet, it was a great conference for also getting me up and moving, as well as making better choices when eating. They kept us moving by dancing, hopping, skipping, jumping, etc. all throughout the seminar. Of course all of these were great activity ideas to use in the classroom. Then they fed us very healthy meals for breakfast and lunch. No soda and no sweets (except on the very last day we got a small portion of brownie ).
I really did feel great all week and I need to keep it up! However, I must admit that as we ate dinner in the airport last night, before catching our flight home, we all headed to Wendys! LOL After a while, ya just have to have some of that good ol' comfort food.
No comments:
Post a Comment