From April 2007
Some Friday's come and yes I am ever so happy that the weekend is here. Then other Friday's come along and you'd think I'd died and gone to heaven... like I couldn't make it another minute in my overstressed, frustrating work place. Today was that kind of day. I have been so busy at work lately, I can't seem to catch up on all the different tasks I have piling up. So when the weekend approached I seriously considered bringing some of that work home. But I defiantly decided NO! I probably wouldn't do any of it anyway. My time off from work is quite sacred to me and I don't like to ruin it with thoughts of or tasks from work.
It's kind of interesting to me how protective I am of my spare time. Not having kids or a husband, most assume that I have all the time in the world. But it's not true. Or at least it doesn't feel that way. In fact, I sometimes wonder how I would handle having little ones or a spouse that I would have to share that time with.
Tomorrow is a perfect example of feeling like my free time has been infringed upon. My mom is flying in from being in Colorado, so I'm picking her up from the airport. When I found out that I'd be traveling to the "big city", I thought I'd do a bit of shopping before going to the airport. But then a friend called to see if she could drop by in the morning for a visit. So I figured I could squeeze her in for just a bit before heading out of town. It shouldn't cut out too much of my shopping time. But then, just a couple of days ago, I was asked to prepare a dish for a dinner for some people tomorrow night. Knowing that I would be gone for part of the day, I added to my Saturday morning schedule some cooking time. Now I'm thinking I won't have much shopping time left in my morning...sigh... and once I pick up my mom, take her to her home in a nearby small town and then head back to my house, I'll have just enough time to finish the dish I need to make and deliver it. And pretty much there's my Saturday. I shouldn't complain so much. A lot of what I'm doing is helping others, and that's ALWAYS a good thing!!
I think I put too much of my energy into my job and so then when I'm actually off work, I don't want to do anything that keeps me from being carefree. Maybe it's time I changed that pattern a bit.
1 Comment: You are my soul sister, I swear!!! I know you know I'm single, but I don't have children either, and all of my married friends always assume I have all of this time. Like I have more of it than the regular 24 hours a day they have. Or somehow I am able to put it in "reserves" because I don't have kids or a spouse. Isn't it funny??? I read your blog, and it sounds so much like me. You're my blog sister!!!! :-) Celia
No comments:
Post a Comment