Friday, July 31, 2009

Journal/Scrapbooking Group (5) - The Colors of Fall

From April 2007
In my quest to get all of my past journal/scrapbook pages from my journaling group entered onto my blog, I will enter yet another one today.

November's topic was "The Color of Fall." This was not hard at all for me, since it is my favorite season. I love fall colors, fall weather, and the "mood" of fall (which for me seems to be similar to what the word "reminiscent" brings to mind).
Here is what I wrote in the brief journaling that I included amongst some photos from magazines, leaves, a quote, and fall colored paper:

Autumn... my favorite season and time of year! I absolutely cannot wait for the first crisp morning, the slight change of color in the leaves, and that certain fragrance that I can’t think of any words to describe, but is distinctive as the smell of fall. It’s when the Earth decides to dress itself in its best colors. And as if I’m trying to mimic these changes, I race to the closet to dig out the clothes I love to wear best: warm, cozy, sweaters and shirts in hues of purple, brown, olive, red, orange and black.

The season seems to bring on a sense of reminiscence and melancholy, as I spend time remembering such things as “back to school” moments, high school football games, and
long ago friendships and romances. It’s a time of rewarding reflection.

Both of my favorite holidays occur in autumn. As Halloween approaches my mind returns to the times of costumes, trick-or-treating, hay rides, bonfires, and times with childhood friends. Thanksgiving brings out all the warm feelings of family and of giving thanks for the simple things in life, such as good health, a roof over my head, the country I live in, and the many loved ones in my life.

Thank Goodness for Autumn! What would I do without it?

No comments:

Post a Comment