It has been a while since I entered one of my scrapbooking pages into my blog. To catch those of you up, who haven't read my early entries, I am part of a journaling group. We meet once a month, taking turns hosting and picking a topic for that month's journal page. Most participants, including myself, use a scrapbooking format along with some journaling to portray our thoughts and feelings on the assigned topic each month.
As I mentioned above, I am really behind in entering them on here. So I thought I might catch up a bit! The above picture is of the fourth page I created, back in October (2006). It was actually my turn to host that month and so I got to pick the topic. After a bit of pondering, I decided to ask the group to write about what they would do if they were given or won a million dollars (without the responsibility of taxes, of course). I gave them three stipulations: 1) a third of the money must be spent on something pratical, 2) a third of the money must be spent on something frivolous, 3) a third must be spent on a charitable act or organization.I divided both pages into sections and below is what I wrote:
If I Had A Million…
Let’s pretend for just a moment that I have just won a million dollars. Tax free even! In today's world, one million dollars doesn't seem to go far. But it would still be a blast to experience what it would be like to try and stretch it as far as it would go. There were many ways and ideas that came to mind on how I would love to spend my winnings, but the ones I finally came up with seemed like the most rewarding.
I Would Travel the World
I have always loved traveling. But money, or lack of it, always seems to get in the way of me being able to travel to the places that I have always wanted to go. To make my travels even more rewarding I would share my experiences by inviting a different loved one to join me as I traveled to each destination. One third of a million may not take me too far, but my first destination would be to Europe, including France, England, and Italy. I’d then set a course for Australia and New Zealand. And once I returned to the states I’d make sure to visit the New England states in autumn and Hawaii in the winter. Man I love to dream about money!
I Would Pay Off My Debts
Spending money in practical ways can be almost as fun for me as those things that are considered frivolous. The relief or the contentment that is felt from taking care of things that are needed is quite rewarding. With the second allotment of money, I would first pay off all my debts, loans, credit cards, etc. especially my mortgage and my school loans. With what was left over, I would divide up and invest some, put some in a retirement account, go back to school for my Masters, and make sure that my mother had enough of everything she needed to live comfortably for the remainder of her life.
I Would Give to Charity
“Oprah's Angel Network is dedicated to inspiring people to make a difference in the lives of others. It grants awards to organizations and operates projects in under-served communities that provide educational initiatives as well as assist people in fulfilling basic human needs and regaining dignity.” ~Mission Statement
It was certainly fun to dream -- who doesn't love to dream of how to spend money, especially when there's a lot of it! Now i just need to start buying lottery tickets so that I might even have a "smidgen" of a chance in winning!! (Yeah right! )
No comments:
Post a Comment