Friday, July 31, 2009

"That" Time Of The Month

From April 2007
That's right, today was bill-paying day. YUCK!

Twice a month, I sit down with my checkbook, a stack of envelopes filled with bill statements, and my computer. And within usually about an hour, all my hard earned money is on its way, either electronically or through postal mail, to the various utilities, credit cards, doctors, and lending institutions I've become associated with. It really is soooo sad.

Lately, I've been spending more than I should on frivolous things -- most likely it's a spring fever sort of thing. Spring (and often fall) makes me feel the need for new clothes. A girl's gotta look good after shedding the winter layers, right?! Well, I think I did enough purchasing of spring/summer clothing for the season this past weekend. Shopping and bills have really made a huge dent in my wallet. Oh well, I can go on and feel poor as I wear a few of the new shirts I've recently purchased!

1 Comment: Paying bills sucks! I do it twice a month too, and it never ceases to amaze me how quickly it goes. I did some serious shopping a few months back, but that was because I quit smoking in October and kept gaining weight. I've finally hit plateau, so hopefully I won't have to go up another size. I'm not going to start smoking again though, that's not even an option. Don't forget it's tax day today (just another bill you might have to pay)! (Celia)

No comments:

Post a Comment