Friday, July 31, 2009

Happy Birthday America!

From July 5, 2007
Happy 4th of July! (A day late, I know.) I always say that the 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays, but I really didn't do that much to celebrate. I did get to go to our local fireworks display, which wasn't too bad for our small town. I snapped a few pictures with my cell phone camera. They aren't the best, but they are still fun. (One of my friends took pictures last year with her "good" camera. I have one of those photos posted on last year's blog entry.)

There was a bit of excitement in the fireworks display that doesn't normally occur. At three different times, there seemed to be some "technical difficulties" going on down where they were lighting the fireworks. It was actually quite scary! It was as though the fireworks they were attempting to light exploded into huge balls of fire that then floated a bit up into the air, turning into a cloud of thick black smoke. I wished I had my camera ready to go for that! But really, I think the city lost some fireworks in these explosions, since the show seemed a bit short and there wasn't a finale, at least not a traditional one. The last explosion was huge and I think it was supposed to be the fireworks that would end the show. I just hope no one was hurt -- I haven't heard any reports or news of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment