From 5/31/2007
My horoscope today read:
"The gentle winds of change are blowing through your life at the moment, dear Aquarius. You have a feeling of newness and an open attitude toward the world. Some outside events will be coming up in your life that give you the impression you are advancing in a concrete manner toward a new life. You can expect to have some pleasant surprises."
I like to read my horoscope, just like I enjoy fortune cookies (although I hate it when a fortune cookie contains a character anaylsis or a phrase of wisdom instead of an actual fortune). I think that there's just a part of me that wants to believe (or wishes) there really is a way to fore-tell the future. I've had my palm read before and I have a deck of tarot cards that I dabble with every so often.
The above horoscope really does sound promising. Mostly because a new life always sounds enticing. I love change. I know, I'm weird. Most people hate change. I tend to seek it out to bring something new and exciting to what I feel has gone stale in life. And so I pose the question -- do ya think things might change in my life now, because I read this horoscope and will then through my thinking and focus on these things, make it happen? OR if it comes true, is it really because there is some power to the astrological signs? (I tend to think it's about the power of our thoughts, rather than the astrological signs.)
By the way, when I had my palm read in New Orleans two summers ago, I was told I would be married within two years. In July, my two year deadline hits. Hmmmm.... I haven't met anyone yet that could fill those shoes. Although 07/07/07 is a very appealing marriage date (the number 7 is my favorite). Unfortunately, I just don't see it happening -- so much for positive thinking, right? (Goes against everything that The Secret says to do!)
No comments:
Post a Comment