Saturday, August 15, 2009

A Working Weekend and a Migraine Headache

From November 2007
This weekend was our annual Policy Council Retreat, which is when we take newly elected members of one of our governing bodies and train them. We usually take everyone out of town for an overnight stay and spend the day Saturday giving them lots of information on our program. But this particular year, I really felt it was a non-productive and useless event. It's so sad really... there was a lot of waste. Waste in time (we sat around as staff, waiting a lot), and waste of money (food and rooms were reserved, and people didn't show and we had to pay for it anyway). We really do need to change how we do it. Change would definitely be a good thing in this case.

And on top of all of this, I've had a rebounding migraine headache for the past 3 or 4 days (who's counting anymore?). I think it's a stress headache, but I'm also not sure that it might be a bit of a flu bug. So, I'm living on Ibuprofin and Excedrin Migraine pills, and I've got one more week until our big Federal Review. Sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment